- Davis apartment property sold for $50.3 million, with upside potential March 23, 2018
UC Davis’ rising student population and constrained housing market are pushing up prices on multifamily properties, including one sold earlier this month.
- Phoenix is among top markets for those priced out of California, New York, Chicago (see where else they are landing) March 23, 2018
Phoenix is among the top U.S. markets when it comes to migration trends and demand for apartments along with Dallas, Houston and Charlotte. That is according to new research by CoStar Group Inc. (Nasdaq; CSGP). CoStar looked at population gains between 2016 and 2017 and demand for apartments. The trends show some workers and households are being priced out of expensive coastal cities and big markets such as Los Angeles, New York and Chicago and going to less expensive second and third tier inland…
- Experts say this is what's wrong with Bay Area housing — and how it can be fixed March 23, 2018
No one solution will solve the housing crisis, experts agree, but numerous policy changes could create more homes and bring down costs for tenants.
- Take a look inside: River Vista Apartments March 23, 2018
The River Vista Apartments are taking shape in downtown Wichita. Just in time for prime renting season, says Old Town developer Dave Burk, a partner in the project. "We're really excited," Burk says. "We're hitting that time now when people are looking to move more and more. There's no other buildings around (River Vista), so the views of downtown and the Keeper of the Plains and Exploration Place are really nice." The first residents at River Vista Apartments are expected to move in sometime…
- Patti Payne's Cool Pads: Delta Marine-built luxury yacht 'Marlinda' for sale for $8.6 million (Photos) March 23, 2018
Ever thought of living aboard a yacht? Patti Payne’s Cool Pads takes a turn out on the water this week, to look at a classic luxury mega-yacht that just hit the market. "The Marlinda" offers all the luxury of a high end estate, except you can steer it to far away places around the globe. Increasing numbers of people are buying boats to use as live-aboards, says George Harris, president and CEO of the Northwest Marine Trade Association. “And a lot of large boats are summer homes,” he says.…